[rspec-users] guide to good mocking?

Giles Bowkett gilesb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:24:58 EST 2008

Hi all - does anyone know of a good blog post or wiki or something
with a good guide to mocking? I've got some degree of responsibility
for people who are creating mocks. I'm supposed to actually be telling
them the best way to do it.

In some cases we have code with like a bazillion mock(:x) statements
and it's kind of out of control. I have an idea how the specs should
look but I don't have it clearly articulated. I need a way to
translate that vague sense for other people without guiding them
through the code line by line. Earlier today I caught a spec that took
50 seconds to run, which was just nuts.

Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org