[rspec-users] Shoulda

Josh Knowles joshknowles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:40:41 EST 2008

On 1/10/08, Nathan Sutton <nathan.sutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, we're currently using shoulda (http://dev.thoughtbot.com/
> shoulda/) on a project and I saw some things that would be really nice
> to see in rspec, namely the should_ methods, and especially the
> should_be_restful method.  Do these go against the rspec goals at
> all?  Or could an ambitious programmer go to town implementing these
> for rspec_on_rails?

The current philosophy is to keep these kinds of things as plugins.  A
few of us have started to extract common matchers into a plugin which
can be found at http://code.google.com/p/rspec-on-rails-matchers/.
Feel free to submit a patch if we're missing something that you'd

Josh Knowles
phone: 509-979-1593
email:  joshknowles at gmail.com
web:    http://joshknowles.com