[rspec-users] rspec controller action list

Namrata Tiwari lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Feb 28 04:54:10 EST 2008

This action will list all the articles according to city. Please, can
some one guide me through this spec.

def list
  @articles = find_city.articles.paginate :all,  :page => params[:page]
, :order
  => "live_on DESC", :conditions => { :type_for => "blog" }
end

it "should list all articles" do
   get :list
   controller.stub!(:find_city)
   controller.should_receive(:find_city)
   controller.stub!(:articles)
   controller.should_receive(:articles)

    articles.should_receive(:paginate).and_return(@articles)
    response.should render_template('articles/list')
end

I get the following error when I run the spec.

NameError in 'ArticlesController should list all articles'
undefined local variable or method `articles' for
#<Spec::Rails::Example::Contro
llerExampleGroup::Subclass_1:0xa7b57dc>
spec/controllers/articles_controller_spec.rb:212:
spec/controllers/articles_controller_spec.rb:3: