[rspec-users] the git experiment

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:00:16 EST 2008

Hey all,

A while back I mentioned that we were going to move to git or hg. We
decided that we'd experiment with each for a month and see how it

We're going to start with git. Obviously if all goes well we'll have
to reassess whether or not to also give hg a try.

We have a repo set up at gitorious:

Project page:

Clone the repo:
  git clone git at gitorious.org:rspec/mainline.git

We'll be setting up synchronization with subversion, so you'll be able
to keep the rails plugins up to date, but it's a few days out before
that's set up. In the meantime, you rails'ers who want to keep up with
the plugins will have to clone the repo and move stuff around locally.

Keep in mind that this is an experiment. The official repo is still
the subversion repo at rubyforge until further notice.