[rspec-users] how to set up data before story runner steps?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:31:32 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Bei <libei.twer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>      I'm using story runner of RSpec now. What I'm trying to do is
>  initializing the @selenium before any steps of one story is executing,
>  and stop @selenium after any story is finished. just as @BeforeClass
>  and @AfterClass in jUnit
>      Any suggestions on this?

There is no way built in to handle this yet. Is anybody doing this yet?

If not, you'll have to experiment. If you're interested, I think the
way to handle it is to register a listener like this:

Spec::Story::Runner.register_listener(listener)

The listener object should receive messages like run_started,
story_started, scenario_started and story_ended, run_ended and
scenario_failed or scenario_pending.

Be sure to implement method_missing to ignore everything else.

Good luck, and let us know what works.

Cheers,
David