[rspec-users] Run all tests after success

Joe Van Dyk joe at pinkpucker.net
Wed Feb 20 22:41:15 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 10:39 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2008 1:21 PM, Steve <vertebrate at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:13:51 +0000, Steve wrote:
>  > > What was the nature of the changes. I just updated to r3312, and when I
>  > > run autotest I get:
>  > >
>  > > /usr/bin/ruby1.8 -S script/spec -O spec/spec.opts  <all the specs> No
>  > > server is running
>  > >
>  > > I've never seen the "No server is running" message before.
>  >
>  > Cancel that. I had --drb in spec.opts, and it looks like there was a
>  > commit to make that work. Funny I never noticed that before.
>
>  It was broken until a recent changeset :)

I don't think it's working quite right.

1)
'A puzzle if rejected, when resaved, should be re-submitted' FAILED
expected rejected? to return true, got false
/Users/joe/projects/tanga/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/expectations.rb:52:in
`fail_with'
/Users/joe/projects/tanga/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/expectations/handler.rb:21:in
`handle_matcher'
/Users/joe/projects/tanga/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/expectations/extensions/object.rb:34:in
`should'
./spec/models/puzzle_spec.rb:187:

Then this is the next executation:
ruby -S script/spec -O spec/spec.opts  spec/models/puzzle_spec.rb
/Users/joe/projects/tanga/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/expectations.rb

So it thiks that some rspec file was the cause of the crash.  If the
exception was raised from inside the Rails framework, then it tries to
re-run the Rails file, and that sometimes really messes things up.

Joe