[rspec-users] spec_server requiring absolute paths (and autotest breaking)

Jarkko Laine jarkko at jlaine.net
Tue Feb 19 12:08:01 EST 2008

On 19.2.2008, at 17.57, David Chelimsky wrote:
> Did this just start happening for you? If so, it could be the patch I
> applied in r3310. Would you mind checking out 3309 and seeing if you
> still have this problem?

Ok, found out the reason. I started spec_server from within the script
directory and it only works correctly if you start it from the root of
your Rails app. Gotcha.

That said, now that autotest runs via drb, it's vastly (like 50%)
slower than without it, doesn't respect the --colour option in
spec.opts and causes failures that don't happen when running just
plain autotest. All of them seem to be related to methods being run
more times than they are supposed to. Examples:

Mock 'Location_18994' expected :valid? with (any args) once, but
received it twice

expected: "Barney Hops doesn't have the required competency (MBA) to
teach this class",
      got: ["Barney Hops doesn't have the required competency (MBA) to
teach this class", "Barney Hops doesn't have the required competency
(MBA) to teach this class"]

Mock 'Enrollment' expected :on_waiting_list? with (any args) twice,
but received it 3 times

//jarkko

--
Jarkko Laine