[rspec-users] Specs versus Stories

Andrew WC Brown omen.king at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 11:21:47 EST 2008

My workflow is the following:
Stories->Spec Views->Spec Controllers-Spec Models

I'll write a few stories of what I think should it happen.
Then I'll write my specs of what should show (and also do some static html
page mockups)
Then I'll spec my controllers and models
I'll go back to my stories to see if they need adjusting because my
perceptive of how the app changed
Then I run my stories and make them pass.

Then I write a few stories and repeat.

I constantly step move back and forth.
I think Stories and BDD greatly assists you to shape your idea.
Write stories for what you can think of and then move on to specing.
You don't need complete stories you can also go back and fill them in later.