[rspec-users] Specs versus Stories

Victor Asteinza vic at civrot.org
Mon Feb 18 02:57:55 EST 2008

I am new to BDD and have been doing some reading and playing with
rSpec.  I am a little confused.  I am not sure what the best practice
for using stories and specs.  Should I be writing stories first, then
specs that would fulfill those stories, and then write the
implementation code to have everything pass?  At first that seems a
little redundant.

I understand that the stories let you write the behavior in plane
English, which I can see it being useful when dealing with non
technical users.  But if I am developing an internal app I am
struggling with whether I should develop the stories first and then
move on to the specs.

Opinions?  Experiences?

Thanks,
Victor