[rspec-users] Helpers in view specs

Steve vertebrate at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:17:02 EST 2008

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:06:10 -0500, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2008 1:08 AM, Steve
> <vertebrate at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure of what the community stance is on this, but is there a
>> builtin way to include helpers in view specs? Is this practice shunned?
>> My thoughts on the matter are that I expect my views to have a specific
>> output, and sometimes it would be much easier to call the helper
>> function in the view spec, so that that output could be expected. My
>> helper functions all have their own specs, so it would seem that I'm
>> not doing anything magical, just making the specs a little simpler.
>
> http://rspec.info/rdoc-rails/classes/Spec/Rails/Example/
ViewExampleGroup.html#M000037

I think that's showing a way of maybe overriding existing helpers in the
view? What I'm asking is more like this:

http://pastie.caboo.se/153392

In the example I actually have "include ApplicationHelper" in there, and
am using a method "row_class_for_idx" in the spec. It works. I'm just
wondering if that's bad form or not.