[rspec-users] Failed specs spike autotest

Steve vertebrate at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:16:05 EST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:57:32 +0800, Kamal Fariz wrote:

> I got this too, but didn't bother to find out where and how script/ spec
> would sneak into the list of files to test. I got this even if i
> explicitly exclude the file in my .autotest.
>
> The quick and dirty thing I did was:
>
>    def make_test_cmd(files_to_test)
>      return "#{ruby} -S #{spec_command} #{add_options_if_present}
> #{files_to_test.keys.flatten.select { |i| i != 'script/spec' }.join('
> ')}"
>    end
>
> in vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/autotest/rspec.rb

Is perhaps something else required? If I put this in autotest just keeps
running all of my specs repeatedly. It doesn't wait for a file change to
signal it to try running some explicit spec again. It does put out the
first line minus the script/spec at the end before launching into all of
that. I think it then thinks that perhaps the broken specs are fixed, so
that's why it then tries to run all of the specs again.

Finished in 15.703733 seconds

398 examples, 1 failure, 1 pending
/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -S script/spec -O spec/spec.opts
/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -S script/spec -O spec/spec.opts   spec/views/users/
index.html.haml_spec.rb etc...

Thanks,
Steve