[rspec-users] params are making my "should redirect_to" test fail - why??

Max Williams toastkid.williams at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:16:09 EST 2008

I'm new to rspec (and coding in general) but would it break a lot of
people's tests if redirect_to was changed to do this by default?  It's what
i expected it to do, personally, that is to pass if the given :action and
:controller match up.  If i pass a url string, and it's missing the params,
then it seems fair that it should fail, but if for example i just specify a
controller, and that controller is called (with any action) i'd expect it to
pass as well.

Like i say i'm a newb with no idea of the impact of this to existing tests
:)