[rspec-users] Generated rspec video

rspec-users at kero.tmfweb.nl rspec-users at kero.tmfweb.nl
Mon Feb 11 22:07:18 EST 2008

Hi all!

A sneak preview of what I've been doing with my patch that made it
into rspec 1.1.3:
(2MB video)

 - this is a (not-too-comfortable) test of my program itself;
   that's what causes the double-lines in some places
 - I can not use "-f p -c" since it outputs a step later than you'd
   expect! (that's how it can get the color right, I assume)
   I'm going to wrestle this a bit tonight.

Stuff for off-list:
 - created with mencoder, I can play with mplayer.
   Reports on success or failure of other players welcome.
 - I do not have the timings of espeak and mencoder right, yet.
   If you know tools that can concatenate (malformed espeak) wav-files
   and images besides mencoder, I'd like to know. If you know how to
   let mencoder stick to the 25fps I tell it to, I'd like to know.
   (my mencoder line is echo'ed in the video)
   Experience with festival, anyone?
   I'm on linux, but I suppose that's obvious from the tools I used.