[rspec-users] Can you explain this code to me?

Bira u.alberton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:40:52 EST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 9:26 PM, Pito Salas <rps at salas.com> wrote:

> What does the combination of a lambda and a .should mean?

I'm new to the list, but I think I can answer that :).

>From what I know, it means that RSpec will run the lambda's code and
check that it had the effect specified in the "should" call.

And from that I can determine by looking at the two incantations you
posted, the lambda is used because the code can throw an error, and
the spec's author didn't want the first error to prevent the outer
"should" from being checked.