[rspec-users] rspec - rails put :update any examples

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:30:09 EST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 6:42 PM, Corey Haines <coreyhaines at gmail.com> wrote:
> David, I tried doing this, and I get an exception. Here's a pastie of the
> error, controller, controller_spec: http://pastie.caboo.se/148021

You've got page[:coupon_list], not just page. So what you need to mock is this:

page = mock("page")
page.should_receive(:[]).with(:coupon_list).and_return(page)
page.should_receive(:replace_html).with(:partial => "coupon_list")

That's starting to get a bit brittle, but that's what you get for
mixing all that view logic in your controllers. It's the Rails Way,
but it comes with a price if you want this level of coverage and
isolation.

FWIW,
David