[rspec-users] OT local version control?

Corey Haines coreyhaines at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:28:46 EST 2008

Since it sounds like people don't mind talking about source control, and
this group has people I trust, I thought, as I went through the
learning/evaluating, I'd ask questions/make statements and get people's
thoughts. If people on the list get annoyed, though, just let me know
(offgroup is fine), and I'll stop the distractions, unoffended.

Question/Discussion 1
Coming from an old school source control world, I'm used to the idea of
"check out some files, work on them, check them back in." It seems like DVCS
systems, at level 1, is "make a copy of your project, edit the files to make
the change, then merge it back into your main branch." I see a lot
discussion with pictures about it really more like a bunch of
copies/branches of one project, moving through time independently, the
merging back at some future date. I'm having a bit of trouble in my mind
with this, so I'll leave that to the next level.

-Corey