[rspec-users] Development Cycle

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Mon Feb 4 01:41:25 EST 2008

Nathan Sutton wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm trying to work out the order of development for features
> in an app.  I'm struggling with using stories to drive development.
> So when looking at things, it seems to me to be the best idea to first
> write stories, then view specs, then controller specs, then model
> specs...but how to actually do it is what confuses me.  Anyone know of
> any screencasts or tutorials working through the development of a
> feature in this way?
> Nathan Sutton
> fowlduck at gmail.com
> rspec 1.1.3
> rspec_on_rails 1.1.3
> rails 2.0.2

There is a new peepcode on story runner... I have yet to watch it fully
but if it is like the other peepcode rspec screencasts it will be an
excellent source.

Also, check out Pat Madox's screencast about the story runner.  It is a
little dated but it is still good:

There are also some posts that cover the basics of plain text stories...
Here is a more recent one with some other links at the bottom:

I also just posted one about using webrat to help write stories (webrat
absolutely rocks!):

The screencasts go over the development process while the posts are more
of how-tos for story runner.