[rspec-users] OT local version control?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 12:23:28 EST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 3:13 PM, Corey Haines <coreyhaines at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for their comments, as well as the lack of SCM fighting.
> :) Being on vista, it appears that my choices are a bit limited.

I don't know about Vista, but being using bzr (http://bazaar-vcs.org/)
for 8 months and the shift from tradition centralized repositories
(svn, cvs) to distributed was a joy.

It also doesn't hide you under the same checkout all your branches (to
avoid costly disk space?)

Anyway, not starting the fight... not now, but I leave you with a link
comparing Bzr to Git [1] and Bzr to Hg (Mercurial) [2]

On a side note, I'll like to point that it allow you push branches to
websites using just dumb protocols like ftp and http for retrieving,
with is something sueful for someone with lack ssh or git server
capability on their hosting providers.

I'm using it to push new development of One-Click Ruby Installer [3]

[1] http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrVsGit
[2] http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrVsHg
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/1e2f1b9a3d611e3b

--