[rspec-users] cucumber fit step table output

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 09:57:30 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Emmanuel Pinault <seatmanu at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think this is not yet implemented. I had the same issue and was told they
> are working on it but that they are doing a big refactoring so might not be
> in 0.1.13 yet

That's right. You have to wait for the next major release to have tables
printed.

> To work around that issues. I created a helper method that can print the
> table in one line or multiple line. Then call the method with the element of
> the table twice. One for the table and one to show them in the step. Then I
> made  sure all the step regular expresion supported that notation
>
> Thanks
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On Dec 28, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Jonathan Linowes wrote:
>
>  If this is a bug I'll submit a ticket.
>> Or, maybe I'd doing something wrong.
>>
>> Using a Cucumber FIT Step Table,

Let's stop calling tables "FIT tables". Tables are *inspired* from the FIT
tool, but they *are not* FIT tables. Better names:

Step tables and Scenario tables.

Step tables are tables that are arguments to step definitions.

Scenario tables are tables that invoke a Scenario (or Scenario Outline) with
special values.

Aslak

the scenario runs and passes (and fails when i put bad data in the table).