[rspec-users] [ANN] Cucumber 0.1.13

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Wed Dec 24 05:17:53 EST 2008

On 20 Dec 2008, at 21:02, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> It's time for some new features again. Output is now much better
> since you can use diffing, tweak
> the output colours and get the full --backtrace if you want.
> Managing your support/* files became
> a little easier since they are now always loaded before the step
> definitions. Life became easier
> for Windows users in Norway (and other countries using unicode in
> the features). Plus several other
> bug fixes.

What's this about support/* files? Is there some convention emerging
around structuring the features directory that I've missed?

It would be cool to hear more from people about how they do this. I
have a feeling our structure at work could be better, but I'm not sure
what other models are out there.

FWIW, we do this

     ...other features specific to the 'user' role
     ... other steps (typically Givens) that work beneath the UI
     .. other steps that work through the UI
     ...other features specific to the 'visitor' role

The idea behind the .common / .html split was when we also had WATIR
steps (which we've abandoned for the time being) and we wanted to keep
a distinction between features / steps that worked with WATIR and
those that worked through webrat.