[rspec-users] [ANN] Cucumber 0.1.13

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Wed Dec 24 05:17:53 EST 2008

On 20 Dec 2008, at 21:02, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> It's time for some new features again. Output is now much better
> since you can use diffing, tweak
> the output colours and get the full --backtrace if you want.
> Managing your support/* files became
> a little easier since they are now always loaded before the step
> definitions. Life became easier
> for Windows users in Norway (and other countries using unicode in
> the features). Plus several other
> bug fixes.

What's this about support/* files? Is there some convention emerging
around structuring the features directory that I've missed?

It would be cool to hear more from people about how they do this. I
have a feeling our structure at work could be better, but I'm not sure
what other models are out there.

FWIW, we do this

features
   /logged_in_user.html
     a_feature_that_requires_authentication.feature
     ...other features specific to the 'user' role
   /steps.common
     env.rb
     ... other steps (typically Givens) that work beneath the UI
   /steps.html
     webrat_steps.rb
     .. other steps that work through the UI
   /visitor.html
     a_feature_that_anonymous_users_can_enjoy.feature
     ...other features specific to the 'visitor' role

The idea behind the .common / .html split was when we also had WATIR
steps (which we've abandoned for the time being) and we wanted to keep
a distinction between features / steps that worked with WATIR and
those that worked through webrat.