[rspec-users] why does "ruby <spec_file>" work, but "rake spec" give spec errors?

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:29:24 EST 2008

Does anyone know why I would have some spec's failing when using
"./script/autospec" or "rake spec", however when I just run them using "ruby
<spec file>" it passes ok"?   What's the difference in kicking off a spec by
these different means?

Only thing that comes to mind is perhaps using "ruby <spec file>" is maybe
working in the development environment not the test environment?  However I
have tried running "rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=test", as well as doing a
"rake db:test:purge" and then "rake db:test:prepare"...