[rspec-users] [cucumber] automation and historical

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:01:26 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Tim Walker <walketim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Can someone point me to information regarding:
>
> 1) running cucumber as an automated task decoupled from CI. Assuming
> cron or similar.
> 2) parsing and storing results so they can be graphed, etc.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Tim

Hi,

Well, you can just run "rake features" from cron...

As for storing the results for graphing, you could make a custom
listener that stores the results in a CSV list.  You know
features_run,scenarios_run,passing_steps, etc etc.  Then you have a
little script that runs over the CSV file and feeds the data into a
graphing tool/lib.  You *could* actually do all of that from within a
formatter too if you want...just tally up the results and then at the
end build a graph from it.

Pat