[rspec-users] OT: Implementation Question

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Dec 19 12:25:20 EST 2008

Thanks for the responses.  For some reason they showed up in the digest
email and yet have still not made it to the RSpec forum at

I have been trying variants of these suggestions, indeed my very first
approach was:

 def username

However, I am working with authlogic and the UserSession Class of that
gem throws an error complaining about a missing username= method when I
provide the username method.  When I provide username= then it complains
about a missing password= method.  At the time that I asked my question
here I was trying to determine if there was something fundamentally
wrong with my approach.

Evidently this is not the case so I have now contacted the author
directly since these issues are definitely outside the scope of this
mailing list.

Many thanks for the advice.