[rspec-users] step definitons to check login

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Dec 17 10:23:57 EST 2008

Pat Maddox wrote:
> James Byrne <lists at ruby-forum.com> writes:

> I think Zach's point was that you can tell that someone is logged in if
> you see a "edit your profile" link somewhere, and they're not logged in
> if you see a "log in" link on the page.  Yes, of course it's useful to
> know whether someone is authenticated or not...but you can test that
> through properties of your own app, rather than digging under the hood
> and calling the auth system directly.

That is what I gathered from the "visits login_path" statement in
David's example.  Still, I am interested in finding out what other ways
are possible to test for session authentication status and how implement
them, if only to assure myself that they are not the way I want to do
this.  I have yet to unload a lot of baggage retained from previous
experience.

I am also trying to gain a comfort level with the authlogic gem.  That
desire is in part driving this quest.