[rspec-users] step definitons to check login

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Dec 17 09:44:48 EST 2008

Zach Dennis wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Zach Dennis <zach.dennis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I know why you're doing it, but I just want to know *why* you're doing
>> it? Can you not tell through the application itself that someone is
>> logged in, logged out, and verify their identity without having to
>> expose the internals?

In my case I am exploring the whole nature of BDD. Since experience,
much of it bad, is the best teacher I am trying to cram as much of it as
possible into the front end; before it gets expensive.

Testing whether or not the application can detect and distinguish
between authenticated and non-authenticate requests where it matters is
important in my opinion.  The situation being that some parts are
accessible anonymously and some are not.  It might be considered
desirable to limit access to things like the log in form only to
non-authenticated requests.  It such a feature is required then the
means to test for it must be provided as well.

Regards,