[rspec-users] Rails 2.3

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 07:01:56 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Mischa Fierer <f.mischa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wanted to point out to anyone having problems that rspec-rails
> works with rails 2.3, while rspec 1.1.11 does not appear to.

$ gem q -rn rails
rails (2.2.2)

Doesn't look like rails-2.3 is released. Do you mean edge rails?

Also - just so we're all clear, any gem w/ a 4th part (like
is an interim, unofficial release that I make available at github as a
convenience (http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/wikis/releases-and-gems).
They get prefixed w/ my github username, so:

$ gem q -rn dchelimsky-rspec
dchelimsky-rspec (
dchelimsky-rspec-rails (

I just pushed updated gemspecs, so there should be a pair of
gems up there soon (usually takes 15 to 30 minutes before they show
up) that won't require you futzing with the manifest.