[rspec-users] Warnings

Avdi Grimm avdi at avdi.org
Tue Dec 16 17:17:33 EST 2008

So I was running my specs with -w the other day, and noticed a lot of
warnings being produced.  Some of these appear to be coming from RSpec
internals, which is an issue in its own right but not the subject of
this email.  What I'm asking about right now is this.  Given an
example of the form:

    @foo.should == 42

Running the spec with ruby -w produces a warning to the effect that
I'm "making a comparison in a void context".  Now, this is a perfectly
reasonable warning anywhere but in an RSpec spec.  My question is: is
anyone running RSpec with -w turned on, and if so, how are you
avoiding warnings of this nature?

--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org