[rspec-users] Cucumber fat client

mike.gaffney mike.gaffney at asolutions.com
Sun Dec 14 13:49:54 EST 2008

Why not make a web client that manipulates git based projects in the
background? I've been messing around with Grit and doing things like
this lately for http://rdocul.us a site I run and it is very easy to do.
If everything is in a standard location you could just add a project via
an administrative page and it would be cloned in the background, then
they could:

browse all specs (just a filesystem listing)
edit and save specs (git add, commit, push)
look at a history on a given spec (log)
look at the history of all changes to the specs (log on a path)
merge changes / conflicts

the only thing that would be hard at all would be the conflict
resolution from if/when a normal git user update a spec.

-Mike