[rspec-users] Reuse of Cucumber Features

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 13:41:54 EST 2008

Hi Steve,

I likely would only write two scenarios, one for a valid date and one
for an invalid one.  Then I would write object-level specs to determine
what a valid date is.  Extract this to a validator that you can reuse
throughout your model.

If it's important that you write features for each potential invalid
date format (because you want to communicate them with the customer)
then I would write a feature file similar to what you show...but it
would be focused only on the date, I wouldn't mention patients or
incidents at all.  Date entry seems to be an important concept in your
application, so I would write one feature that specifies how I expect
date entry to work, and then I can just write valid/invalid dates for
patient and incident features.  Same idea as the first paragraph, but
using features instead of specs.

Pat