[rspec-users] Reuse of Cucumber Features

Steve Molitor stevemolitor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:58:59 EST 2008

What's the best way to handle a requirement that shows up as a
sub-requirement requirement in other features?  For example let's say users
can enter dates in various forms throughout my application.   There is one
set of global rules specifying the formats in which dates may be entered,
and how they are interpreted.  I put that in one feature.  In various other
features, like 'Create new patient', one can enter dates, like the patient's
birth date.  I want to do something like 'and the date entry shall follow
the normal rules' but I'm not sure how to do that in an example driven way,
without copying and pasting from other features.
Does my question make sense?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Steve