[rspec-users] Autospec does not work w/ cucumber features?

Kero van Gelder kero at chello.nl
Fri Dec 12 16:54:04 EST 2008

>>> Huh.  The autospec command comes from RSpec; do you have this issue
>>> without setting AUTOFEATURE=true?
>>
>> Yup.
>>
>> But as I only have features, I would not expect it
>> to do anything in that case ;)
>
> Perhaps the problem is related to that.. if you add a spec or two what
> happens?

Nope!
I've been looking for the "default directory setup" for quite a while.
It's not documented as such, but suggested at
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/migration-from-rspec-stories
And behold!

$ autospec
(Not running features.  To run features in autotest, set AUTOFEATURE=true.)
$ AUTOFEATURE=true autospec
cucumber features --format progress --format autotest --color --out /tmp/autotest-cucumber20081212-23416-1vlymnp-0

cucumber features --format progress --format autotest --color --out /tmp/autotest-cucumber20081212-23416-njhy50-0

Actually, just making a ./features directory is already enough...

What is clearly a bug, is that the suggested cucumber.yml
profiles autotest and autotest-all, when they include the
directory to -r require and the directory with the features,
are not picked up by autospec.

To file under rspec, I suppose:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucumber/tickets/134-autospec-does-not-pick-up-profiles

Bye,
Kero.
___
How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
  -- Faithless, Salva Mea