[rspec-users] rspecing rjs - form.reset('form')

Andrei Erdoss erdoss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 01:10:54 EST 2008

Thank you for your help. I still need a bit of help on calling have_text

I tried your version and it failed. Then I tried a couple of variations of

response.should have_text(/$('Form').reset(\"tag_form\")/) but I got this
error message:

expected /$('Form').reset(\"tag_form\")/, got "Element.update(\"tag_list\",

Also tried:

response.should have_text(/Form.reset(\"tag_form\")/)  That also failed. Any

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:26 AM, s.ross <cwdinfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Andrei Erdoss wrote:
>  Hello,
>> I couldn't find much info on this.
>> How do you rspec this: page.form.reset("form")
>> I looked in the have_rjs source code and I can't find anything on form
>> reset.
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Andrei
> I tend not to use rjs much, but what I suspect you are looking for is the
> response to contain a particular snippet of Javascript. So, it might look
> sort of like:
> it "should send Javascript to reset the form" do
>  post :action_that_resets_the_form
>  response.should have_text(/$('form').reset()/)
> end
> Does this sound like what you are looking for?

Andrei Erdoss