[rspec-users] a custom progress bar formatter

nicholas a. evans nick at ekenosen.net
Tue Dec 9 17:19:08 EST 2008

I've always been a little bit bemused by the default ruby test/unit and
rspec output.  Basically, what I want is a progress bar and that any
errors and warnings be displayed immediately. I also want warnings to be
printed for slow specs. When using color, I want the entire progress bar
printed in green if everything is good, yellow if there has been a
warning, and red if there has been an error.

And then I remembered that rspec makes it super easy to write your own
custom formatter.  So I did.  :-)

http://ekenosen.net/nick/devblog/2008/12/better-progress-bar-for-rspec/

Let me know what you think.  Is this useful to anyone?  Any ideas for
improvements?

--
Nick