[rspec-users] Cucumber fat client

Tim Glen tim at pivotib.com
Tue Dec 9 11:57:21 EST 2008

>> I think it would be a great app to have, which would work well
>> inside a web browser, rather than a fat client that customers and
>> managers have to download...?
> +1, I think keeping it in the browser will work well for most
> situations.  One option is to make it a flex app and could then be
> used as a stand-alone Air app. WDYT?
>
> I have been thinking about the requirements for such a project and I
> think having it git-powered would be great.  Having the stakeholder
> to be able to edit features and have the changes show up in a remote
> branch automatically would be a great feature IMO.  If it is powered
> off of git we also get versioning and a lot of other stuff for
> free.  (I would recommend watching Scott Chacoon's presentation on
> using git in this way from ruby conf: http://rubyconf2008.confreaks.com/using-git-in-ruby-applications.html)
>
> Anyways, thats my two cents.  I would argue that most business
> people these days are just as, if not more, comfortable in a browser
> than they are in Excel as long as the UI is good.  Of course, having
> clients for both would be ideal. :)

+1 to having it in browser as the first priority. People are more and
more comfortable all the time in their browsers.

Personally, I'm not sure I would want it tied to git explicitly - we
haven't quite made that jump at work yet. On the other hand, it should
be easy to put hooks into it to auto-commit changes to pretty much any
type of repository.

-tim