[rspec-users] Cucumber fat client

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:11:41 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM, steven shingler <shingler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Aslak,
>
> Doesn't this sound a bit like your Kipling project, which we spoke about at
> QCon London, back in March? ;)
>
> (http://gitorious.org/projects/kipling)

A little bit, but the idea with Kipling was to make something similar to
ThoughtWorks Mingle or Pivotal Tracker, which are tools to manage stories,
iterations, estimates, burndown etc.

My goal with a fat Cucumber client is different (although it clearly
intersects):
* Browse features
* Edit features
* Run features

So I'm thinking more along the lines of Fitnesse, but with a more
business-friendly UI, and focus on Cucumber (of course).

Essentially - I want this to be primarily a tool that replaces TextMate and
the CLI for editing and running features, and not so much a Scrum/XP
planning tool. And the target audience is not us programmers (most of us are
happy in TM/CLI) - it's the non-techies that know Word and Excel only (and
are experts in their business' domain).

Aslak