[rspec-users] Restful-Authentication features rewrite

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Fri Dec 5 01:43:49 EST 2008

Andrew Premdas wrote:
> I've put up a Rails sample project on github whose main feature is a
> rewrite of the restful-authentication stories using features and
> trying to exhibit good practice. I'd love to get some feedback from
> the group about the features I've written.
> You can find the project at http://github.com/diabolo/fbrp/tree/master
> Ideally I'd like the features to be a useful example of something
> reasonably real world for peeps new to this stuff
> All best
> Andrew

Hey Andrew,
First of all, great job!  The restful-auth stories and specs are painful
to look at so I hope this rewrite eventually replaces the stories in
restful-auth proper.  Another cool thing about having these features is
that you could easily switch over to another authentication
system/plugin (like AuthLogic[1]) with the same functionality and run
these to prevent regressions.

I don't have time to go through everything now but I will try to give
you feedback soon via the mailing list or github comments and maybe even
pull requests.

Again, thanks for doing this!  I think having this out there so we can
all critique it will foster some good discussion about feature writing

1. http://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic/tree/master