[rspec-users] Setup for autospec for non-rails project

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 13:05:13 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Mark Wilden <mark at mwilden.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com>wrote:
>> $ autospec
>> /opt/local/bin/ruby -S spec/lib/v_date_time_property_spec.rb
>> spec/lib/v_date_property_spec.rb spec/lib/v_property_spec.rb
>> spec/lib/parser_spec.rb spec/lib/t_z_info_vtimezone_spec.rb
>> spec/lib/v_date_time_property_spec.rb:8: warning: parenthesize argument(s)
>> for future version
>> spec/lib/v_date_time_property_spec.rb:12: warning: parenthesize
>> argument(s) for future version
>> spec/lib/v_date_time_property_spec.rb:4: undefined method `describe' for
>> main:Object (NoMethodError)
> Are you requiring 'spec' anywhere?

Adding require 'spec' at the top of the .autospec file doesn't change

I didn't mention (this time) that the specs run fine if I use:

  * cmd-R in Textmate to run them via the RSpec bundle.
  * using rake spec
  * individually using the spec command.

The problem seems to lie in something missing in the autotest/autospec
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby