[rspec-users] Using Rspec for web tests

Peter Nicolai Motzfeldt motzfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:00:00 EST 2008

Hi, I am trying to use Rspec together with FunFX for Flex testing. To ease
the number of tests and the functionality each test does, I would like to
run all the it "shoulds..." in sequence.

This works just fine, but the creation of FunFX is created after each it
"should..." and no wonder since I create it in the before method.

But my question is where should I put the two lines of code that creates an
instance of FunFx so that all the it "should .. " uses the same @flex
instance, that should be created just once in for each describe?

describe "DemoApp" do
  before do
    @flex = browser.flex_app('DemoAppId', 'DemoAppName')

  it "should click on a checkbox" do
   # do somthing

  it "should assert that it is checked" do
    # do something

- Peter