[rspec-users] Any plans for Before-feature or Before-all steps in Cucumber?

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 09:56:14 EST 2008

The code I'm working on now is a server daemon that talks to Twitter,
an RSS feed, and some web pages.  I've got mock implementations of
Twitter and the web stuff, which I start and stop with
daemon_controller[1].  I do all the setup in a Before block, but this
makes the feature runs agonisingly slow due to the time waiting for
everything to restart.  I'm now starting a Merb app which will rely on
the database created by the server daemon, so it's going to get even

Are there any plans to add BeforeStory or BeforeAll blocks to
Cucumber?  With this I could start everything once and add reset code
to each daemon.

[1] http://blog.phusion.nl/2008/08/25/daemon_controller-a-library-for-robust-daemon-management/