[rspec-users] Variance in behaviour: rake features vs. autotest

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Dec 1 12:39:06 EST 2008

Ben Mabey wrote:
> James Byrne wrote:
>>> as we had hoped.  Since you are coming from a different perspective it
> This looks great, thanks for adding it!  The only thing I would change,
> that Aslak already mentioned, is that the word Tests should be changed
> to Features in most places.
> -Ben

I have added a reference that BDD uses the term features in the place of
tests, but I believe that the intended audience will discover that for
themselves as they learn.

Recall that my initial comment was related to the observation that
experienced users often do not make things explicit enough for the many
who lack that knowledge.  Features are tests, or at least they
ultimately depend upon tests, and I believe that to be a distinction too
fine to make in an introductory document.