[rspec-users] cucumber and autotest - running all features?

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Dec 1 02:50:06 EST 2008

On 1 Dec 2008, at 02:45, Peter Jaros wrote:

> The Autotest support in Cucumber doesn't currently associate any files
> with specific scenarios.  It only keeps track of failed scenarios.  If
> any are failing, changing any file will run those scenarios.  If
> everything has been passing, changing any file will run the whole
> feature suite.
>
> Features should be orthogonal to your classes, so there's no good way
> to associate a scenario with the classes it tests.

I've been thinking about a more sophisticated mechanism for this,
using code coverage. If autotest / rspactor was able to record and
remember the LOC covered by each scenario / example, it would be
possible to do more focussed regression testing when a source file was
changed.

That's as far as I've got: an idea. I just though I'd mention it in
case anyone has time on their hands... ;)

Matt Wynne
matt at songkick.com