[rspec-users] spec'ing the existence of #require

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Sun Aug 31 22:27:21 EDT 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:58 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Chuck Remes
> <cremes.devlist at mac.com> wrote:
>>> Why?  Why don't you just have it load lib/your_project_name.rb,
>>> which
>>> requires everything else?
>> I don't know. Is that the right way to do it? The way I am doing it
>> now
>> mimics how the rspec gem includes all of the rspec files for testing,
> It does? What I see is that the spec files all include spec_helper.rb,
> which, in turn, adds lib to the path and then requires 'spec'. What
> are you thinking of when you say the gem includes all the files for
> testing?

<sigh> You are right. That is *not* what rspec does. I know I copied
this from some major gem that used rspec but now I can't find it. I
retract what I said about rspec including everything (via the

I'll try creating a single file that #requires everything I need and
see if that accomplishes all I need. Thanks for the tips.