[rspec-users] I want RSpec for CSS layout.

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sat Aug 30 14:56:08 EDT 2008

On Aug 30, 2008, at 4:58 pm, Matt Wynne wrote:

> I have been in a few pub conversations now about 'photoshop-driven-
> development' where we show the machine what the page should look
> like (a photoshop mock-up), and keeps failing the build until we
> produce something that every browser can render to look like the
> mock-up.

I had a nose around the WebKit source a while back, and it looked like
their integration testing was done basically by pure regression tests
- save a PNG (or whatever) in a directory, and compare page renderings
to the last reference copy.  However that will break on different
platforms with different font renderings, anti-aliasing algorithms etc
unless you make it fuzzy (maybe blur the output and use a subtract
calculation).

Maybe you could make it work with the Watir+screenshot code that Aslak
made ages ago?

Just a thought anyway.

Ashley

--