[rspec-users] story vs feature (was Documentation for Plain-Text Stories)

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Sat Aug 30 12:02:32 EDT 2008

On 29 Aug 2008, at 19:37, Dan North wrote:

> 2008/8/24 David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>
> [...]
> Sadly, "spec" has just as much baggage, if not more, as "test" does.
> These days we're calling these things "code examples," (tongue
> pressing into cheek) so maybe we should change the name to
> rcodeexample?
> Or rbehave?
> The rbehave.org domain is available (I registered it some time
> ago), and rspec has naturally evolved from its original goal of
> code-level specs to become a full-stack behaviour description
> framework.

or RubyDD

or RuBehave

I actually really like calling them specs rather than tests, at a
unit-testing level. It makes a real difference to me that I'm
expressing a *specification* for the class I'm about to code - it
makes it much more natural to do it before you write the
implementation when it's a spec rather than a test.