[rspec-users] Application-wide spec_helper method

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Fri Aug 29 22:40:25 EDT 2008

On 2008-08-28, at 13:27, Zach Dennis wrote:
> You can put it in a module and include it for model specs in
> spec_helper.rb
> Spec::Runner.configure do |config|
>  # ...
>  config.include DescribeModelAttributeSpecHelper, :type => :model
> end
> Zach

Hi Zach. I put the methods into the module "ModelSpeccer" in lib/
ModelSpeccer.rb and then added this to spec_helper.rb :
     config.include ModelSpeccer, :type => :model

Unfortunately though, when I run my specs, Ruby isn't finding the

$ script/spec spec/models/property_spec.rb
active_support/dependencies.rb:278:in `load_missing_constant':
uninitialized constant ModelSpeccer (NameError)

Any suggestions for how to correct this? Thanks!