[rspec-users] rake spec order of running tests

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Thu Aug 21 17:29:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:51 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> My personal feeling is that the code examples should be able to run in
> any arbitrary order and still pass (no dependencies between examples)

I agree, which is why I said "clearly these tests need fixing." Maybe a
better suggestion would be to execute the tests in random order each time...

However, the point was that we didn't -know- there was an order dependency,
and neither would the guy whose specs all passed before he went on vacation.