[rspec-users] RSpec raising routing errors where Rails doesn't?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:33:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:17 PM, RSL ___ <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hopefully someone here can help me figure out why the ERB:
>
>  <% form_for(@fund, :url => {:host => PRIVATE_HOST}, :html => {:class
> => 'fund', :multipart => true}) do |f| %>
>
> raises an error in my specs:
>
>  No route matches {:action=>"index"}
>
> but works fine in my app and generates the following, desired HTML:
>
>  <form id="edit_fund_18" class="fund" method="post"
> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> action="http://domain.com:3000/funds/18/edit">.

If you're using edge rails, there was a recent change that broke rspec:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/497

I haven't had time to address this, nor will I for at least several
days. I will have time to merge in a patch, however, if anybody else
has the time to fix the problem.

Cheers,
David