[rspec-users] failing before :all doesn't move progress bar in html reports

juuuser jarmo.p at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:53:24 EDT 2008

Hello.

I've found one bug when failing before :all block doesn't move html report's
progress bar correctly.

You can test it out easily by doing something like this:

describe "bad bad bad" do

before :all do
true.should be_false
end

it "empty" do

Now run this spec with html formatter and you should get 100% width to
rspec-header div, but it has width of 0%. When you add some other describe
blocks with specs then it would be something below 100%, but should be 100%
if everything is finished.

I've fixed this in my custom htmlformatter by adding these lines into
example_failed method prior invoking super:

def example_failed example, counter, failure

#....
#some other stuff
#....

    if example.description == "before(:all)"
      @example_number +=
@options.example_groups[example_group_number-1].examples.size
    end
    super

end

If there's any better solution, please let me know :)

Best Regards,
juuser.