[rspec-users] Documentation for Plain-Text Stories

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Aug 18 15:46:21 EDT 2008

aslak hellesoy wrote:

> The RSpec Story runner is likely to be deprecated in favour of the new
> feature runner (temporarily called Cucumber).
> http://www.nabble.com/-ANN--Cucumber-td18876816.html

This is REALLY bad news!! I asked this question a while back, I have a LOT of code using story
runner, I have committed to do all my integration testing via stories, although the ruby style ones
not the plain text ones.

To hear that they will be deprecated is not good news, and will cause me a lot of grief if I have to
rewrite several thousand lines of code, or I simply won't be able to use the latest RSpec.

I suggest that cucumber stay separate, and RSpec keep the story runner, either as core or as an add on.

Deprecating something that is being used extensively will not make your users happy.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com