[rspec-users] Do you remember RSpactor?

Dan North tastapod at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:52:28 EDT 2008

The runtime environment for OSX GUI apps is controlled by an (optional) file
called ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, which you can edit using the Property
List Editor. Under the Root node you create key-value pairs like: GEM_HOME
=> /Users/Dan/Library/gems.

Property List Editor won't let you create a file in a hidden directory
(starting with a dot) so instead you can do this from a terminal window:

% mkdir ~/.MacOSX
% touch ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
% open ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist